The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is a Medicaid home and community based waiver services program that provides community-based social, health and support services to eligible consumers as an alternative to placement in a nursing home. The Georgia Department of Community Health’s (DCH) Division of Medicaid contracts with Georgia’s 12 Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) to administer the program statewide.
Eligible consumers may receive a combination of Medicaid-funded CCSP and other community services. The care coordinator assesses eligibility for CCSP, develops a consumer-focused comprehensive plan of care in collaboration with the primary physician and based on identified needs, and arranges for the delivery of services. The care coordinator monitors the services delivered to the program participant. Available services include the following:
- Adult Day Health – Medically supervised group day program at an adult day health center, which can include physical, occupational or speech therapy.
- Alternative Living Services – State licensed personal care homes, providing 24-hour personal care supervision.
- Emergency Response Services – In-home, 24-hour electronic two-way communication system that calls for help in an emergency.
- Home-delivered Meals – Nutritionally balanced meals delivered to the home.
- Home-delivered Services – Skilled nursing and therapy services provided in the home as a continuation of the member’s home health benefit.
- Out-of-Home Respite Care – Temporary relief for the primary care giver responsible for fulltime care, provided in a personal care home or an adult day health center.
- Personal Support Services – In-home services such as personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, shopping and in-home respite services.
Summary of Eligibility Criteria for CCSP Services
- Functional impairment caused by physical limitations.
- Approval by a physician of the need for an intermediate level of nursing home care (LOC) and development of a care plan.
- Medicaid eligible or potentially eligible based on a financial screening
- Medicaid eligible after admission to CCSP.
- Client chooses to receive services in the home and community rather than in a nursing home.
- Participation in one waiver program at a time.